Tuesday 1 March 2011

Puzzles and More

Did you know?
Sudoku  originated in Indiana, USA.  It was invented by Howard Garns, but wasn't widely discovered until a New Zealander, Wayne Gould, came across it and introduced it to the rest of the world.

Rubik's cube  is the most successful puzzle in history.  It was invented by Erno Rubic, a Hungarian architect, in 1974.

Quotes - more from Spike Milligan
"The tall one appeared to be in charge, that is, he did less work than the other, which is usually a sign of authority".

"Outside I rubbed my hands with glee.  (I always kept a tin of glee handy)".

"Why wouldn't the Cliffs of Dover be white, with all those birds flying over?"

Just for fun
A Scottish athiest was fishing when suddenly his boat was attacked by the Loch Ness monster.  The beast tossed his boat into the air and opened its mouth to swallow him.    The man cried out, "God, please help me!"   Immediately, a voice boomed down from the clouds, "I thought you didn't believe in me".    "Give me a break, God," the man pleaded.  "I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster, either".

Cartoon from email






No comments:

Post a Comment