The little girl on the left seems to have missed out. I hope we shared with her.
That's me second from left, with my sister and brother, and our eggless cousin.
Some handy hints
These are taken from the Laurel Recipe Book and Household Guide, as shown in a previous post.
- Ink stains can be removed from linen by covering with freshly-mixed mustard. Should be left an hour then sponged out.
- To brighten a rusted needle, push in and out of a piece of sandsoap.
- When pram tyres wear, take them off and replace inside out.
- Flat irons will get hotter quicker, and retain their heat longer if covered while on the stove with an inverted baking or biscuit tin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_(appliance)#History_of_flat_iron
- The small brown sponges frequently found on sea beaches make effective pot cleaners for the kitchen. Being rough in texture they remove scraps but do not scratch the surface of the pots.
The sink is piled high full of dishes
The rubbish bin's filled to the top
The basket is full in the laundry
The floor needs much more than a mop
The breadbox is empty; the ashtrays are full
You could all sign your names in the dust
The bathroom's a mess; the kids have missed school
(We slept in and were late for the bus)
There are toys clothes and papers all over
How does just one family mess it?
What does a housewife do all day long?
I decided today not to do it?
by Suzanne Brenzi
The main advantage of being famous is when you bore people at dinner parties, they think it's their fault.
Henry Kissinger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger
If you can't be a good example, then you will just have to be a horrible warning.
Catherine Aird http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Aird
No woman in my time will be Prime Minister or Foreign Secretary.
Margaret Thatcher 1974 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher
A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money.
W.C. Fields http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._C._Fields
Did you know?
There are ten human body parts that are only three letters long:- eye, hip, arm, leg, ear, toe, jaw, rib, lip and gum.
Another one of my creative ventures.
The biscuits and coffee are all soap.
Faith can move mountains,
but you have to keep pushing while you pray.