Thursday 21 April 2011

It's Easter bunny time

 My two sons, many Easters ago.

Clever headlines
  • Enraged cow injures farmer with axe.
  • Safety experts say school bus passengers should be belted.
  • If strike isn't settled quickly, it may last a while.
  • New study of obesity looks for larger test group.
  • Grandmother of eight makes hole in one.
  • Queen Mary having bottom scraped.

Senior moments

I've had a couple of them this week.  The first was at the supermarket.  I never use eftpos for my groceries, but I hadn't been to the bank, so I gave it a go.  Keyed in my pin ... rejected.  I was sure I had it right.  The woman on the checkout was very understanding (probably my grey hair), and told me to take my time.  Then it hit me - new card, new pin!  Not even really new.  I'd had it a few months, and used it a few times in the ATM. 

The second was even better.   Warming my husband's coffee in the microwave, took it out, grabbed a teaspoon, and scooped a spoonful of coffee.   Just managed to stop myself before I poured it into the sugar bowl.

Short short

First Love
Anna felt confident as she entered the office, but she hadn't counted on her interviewer.  He was tall, dark and very handsome, and the memories came flooding back.  James Duncan was someone she thought she had forgotten.  Her first love, her first kiss.  But then he had done something so unforgivable, so dreadfully embarrasing, that she knew she never wanted to see him again.   But here he was, looking at her with that smile she remembered so well.  And he remembered her.
"Anna Johnson.  You've certainly changed since we were in Mrs Pelham's grade three class, when I tied your shoelaces together!"

Did you know?
  • Penicillin mould under a microscope looks like tiny paintbrushes.  The latin for paintbrushes is penicillum, which is also where the word "pencil " came from.
  • Loud music makes termites chew faster (what a waste of research money finding that out!)
  • Spider silk, by weight, is stronger than steel.
  • An octopus has three hearts.
  • Cleopatra was Greek, not Egyptian.
  • Dr Seuss invented the word "nerd".

Photo from email


 This must have been the original ride-on mower

Ten reasons why hugging is perfect
  1. No batteries to wear out
  2. Low energy consumption
  3. High energy yield
  4. Inflation proof
  5. Non fattening
  6. No monthly payments
  7. No insurance requirements
  8. Non taxable
  9. Non polluting
  10. And, of course, fully returnable
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment