Sunday 20 March 2011

How Old?

Young at Heart
Many years ago I wrote this bit of poetry.   It is still true today. 

I may be pushing forty, my hair is turning grey
But I don't feel any older, not in any way,
      Than I did when I was twenty.

I listen to pop music and love loud Rock 'n' Roll
But I also do the "right things" for someone who's "so old"
      Though I feel no more than twenty.

I knit and sew and crochet for my family, self and friends.
I read a lot, and write a lot and when days come to the end
      I still feel I'm just twenty.

I wonder if my Mother, who is nearly sixty two
      feels as though she's only twenty, too.

By the way, I am now 64, my Mother is 86, and we both still feel as though we're only twenty.





Quotes
I'm not sure who these quotes are from, but I like them, so here they are.

Nothing is illegal if 100 businessmen decide to do it.

Character is doing what's right when nobody's looking.

We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you're a good person is a bit like expecting the bull not to attack you because you're a vegetarian.

Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon, everything is different.
                                                                        Calvin to Hobbes

Did you know?
Pistachios are classified under Class 4.2 of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code: Flammable Solids (substances liable to spontaneous combustion).   If stacked under pressure, they can burst into flames.

The word avocado is derived from the Aztec word ahuacati, which means testicle.

The word paparazzo means an annoying buzzing mosquito.  It was first used in the Federico Fellini 1960 movie "La Dolce Vita" to describe a scandal-sheet photographer.


 Photo

Not long after we first moved to our place in the country, this beautiful gentleman came to visit.  He only stayed a few hours, then disappeared, never to be seen again.  I'd never seen a pheasant before, and haven't seen one since.

No comments:

Post a Comment