Since I wrote the last blog about Elizabeth's stretching exercises causing back problems, I have now heard she damaged her back falling off a horse while filming "National Velvet". I guess you can't believe everything you read - even on my blog!
Some quotes from the Lady herself
- "Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses"
- "If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down"
- "I'm a very committed wife. And I should be committed, too - for being married so many times"
- "Success is a great deodorant"
- "People who know me well call me Elizabeth. I dislike Liz"
Hugging is healthy
- It helps the body's immunity system
- It cures depression
- It reduces stress
- It induces sleep
- It's invigorating
- It's rejuvenating
- It has no unpleasant side effects
- Hugging is nothing less than a miracle drug
This ad was in the paper a few weeks ago after the Christchurch earthquake. I thought it was a great way to find tradespeople to help with all the work needed there at the moment.
Another one of my poems
I've pushed you round so often
You always disagree
You want to go your own way
and never come with me
I have to be insistent
Can't let you have your way
But it's not an easy struggle
You bring frustration to my day
I leave home in the morning
full of smiles, so jolly
But you wreck my disposition
you rotten shopping trolley!
Did you know?
Chemotherapy is a variation of mustard gas
Isaac Newton invented the cat door
The Greek word for "image" is "eikon" - hence "icon"
A woman living with a man has 7 hours a week more housework than a woman living alone (surprise surprise (not))
If you rearrange the letters of "from the heart" you get "mother" and "father"
Humans have a hormone that reduces the volume of urine produced at night
(it must wear out with age!)
Such a cute photo, I couldn't resist adding it
You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop laughing
I give up!! I've edited this blog 4 times, and can't get the spaces between entries. Grrrrr!!!!