Wednesday 1 June 2011

Danger in my yard!


Being a nature buff, I was checking out this nest a bit too closely, when one of the inhabitants flew at me, and stung my thumb - twice!  I reckon it was the one that's looking at me towards the left.  It was scary, because at the time, I didn't know what these things were, and the sting was unlike anything I've ever felt.  I raced inside and took TWO antihistamines (didn't want to take any chances).  Then I had a shower, and put clean clothes on, in case I had to rush to the doctor.  (Yes, I AM a panic merchant from way back).  I did survive, with only a slight pink mark around the two sting holes in my thumb, but I'm very wary now when I go near these nests.


Two quotes from Richard Bach

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true.  You may have to work for it, however."

"Isn't it strange how much we know, if only we ask ourselves instead of somebody else?"


Short short

Torture
As the knife cut through the flesh, blood began oozing out.  He hadn't been expecting it, and although he didn't want to see what was happening, he couldn't look away.  He felt the nausea rising.  This was completely unexpected.  How could she do this to him?  Surely she know what he was feeling.
"Don't worry, Ben," she said, with a smile on her face as she cut into the flesh yet again.  "I'm doing this for Malcolm".
Malcolm, his best mate.  His non-vegetarian, dead animal eating mate, who liked nothing better than a big barbecued, blood oozing steak. 


Nonsense poems

I saw Peter Rowsthorn on tv one day, reciting a couple of poems.  They tickled my fancy, so I wrote them down, and here they are for you.   Thanks Peter, you're  a great poet!!

Thanks for laying the carpet, Dad
Thanks for showing us how.
But what's that lump in the middle, Dad?
And why is it going "miaow"?

Hello little pussy
Chewing on a bone
I really wish you'd eat some fish
And leave my leg alone.


Some more of my soaps


Citrus cheesecake slice.  Yes, they really are soaps.


Drink coffee - Do stupid thing faster and with more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment