Thursday 23 June 2011


My Dad


This photo was taken over 85 years ago.   My Dad is listening to a crystal set.  He's always loved music, and worked as a musician for many years in dance bands, and a symphony orchestra, playing the flute. 


Quotes
  1. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.   anon
  2. Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.   anon
  3. One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.                          Plato  348BC
  4. Airplanes are interesting toys, but will be of no military value.  General Ferdinand Foch, before WW1

Short Short

The Deception
Samantha moved quietly and cautiously into the room.  If she was caught, the deception would be over, and he'd never trust anything she said again.  She gingerly felt for the small object, careful not to disturb the sleeping David.  As her fingers touched her target, she removed it deftly, and replaced it with the cash.  Creeping quietly back out of the room, she silently cursed whoever it was who invented the tooth fairy.


 Cooking Hints from "The Olden Days"

  • Lettuces will keep fresh for several days if placed in a tin billy with the lid on.
  • The antidote for too much salt is brown sugar.
  • A teaspoon of coffee essence added to a fruit cake darkens the cake, and improves the flavour.
  • Prunes are much improved by adding a few cloves and a little lemon juice.
  • If milk is on the turn it can often be saved by adding a pinch of bicarb. soda; bring it rapidly to the boil.  Do not use an aliminium saucepan.

Another of my published letters

When my son bought a used car from one of his teachers, the fuel gauge was working backwards - it showed E when it was full, and F when it was empty.  The teacher, being an intelligent and also inventive man, told my son that the E was for 'enough', and the F was for 'finished'.  Pretty smart, I thought.


Close up and personal

When I bought my digital camera, I specifically wanted something with a good macro function.   I've always liked looking at closeup photos of plants and insects, and wanted to take some personal photos of my own.


I think this moth is a good example of what I was looking for, and I was very pleased with the way it turned out.


Don't wait!!   Procrastinate Now!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should consider adding www.ireward.com.au as your favour web site too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete