Saturday 10 September 2011

Remembering September 11, 2001



Do you remember where you were when you heard about the twin towers being hit?   I was watching "Rove", they'd just gone to an ad, and said they were previewing a movie after the ad.   When the footage of the tower smoking came on, I thought it was from the movie.   Then a plane flew into the other tower, and there was an announcement about what was happening.  It gave me goosebumps, thinking about what was happening, and that I was actually seeing it as it happened!

Germs

I remember when my daughter was small, we bought her an icecream from Mr Whippy.  She took one lick, then held it down for her dog to have a lick.  She was quite happy to share with him, but Mr Whippy must have thought that wasn't a good thing, because he gave her another icecream for free! 



She certainly was a little cutie!



More classy autographs

A little birdie, flying high
   dropped his message from the sky
As I wiped it from my eye
   I thanked the Lord that cows don't fly.


Little fly upon the wall
Ain't you got no clothes at all?
Ain't you got a blouse and skirt?
Ain't you got a shimmy shirt?
Ain't you cold?




Some more of my soaps


I like to experiment with my soap making, so here are a few of my "cakes" of soap.


Quotes on old age

  • "Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest".       Larry Lorenzoni
  • "When friends pressed her to have a walking stick, Princess Alice reluctantly agreed, but she had it disguised as an umbrella".       R.W. Apple
  • "Growing old is something you do if you're lucky".   Groucho Marx
  • "There are three signs of old age: loss of memory . . . I forget the other two".    Red Skelton
  • "You know you're getting old when you feel like the morning after the night before, and you haven't even been anywhere".   Milton Berle

Golden Orb spider



This is my friend Goldie, who lived in my front garden for most of last summer.  Even with all the birds we have around here, she managed to survive until some teenage relatives visited, and decided to kill her.  They didn't understand some people don't think of all spiders as "bad".


Nothing is eternal, not even problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment