Thursday 5 May 2011

Mother's Day

Kids say the darndest things.  Here are a few comments from kids about their mothers.

God made mums because they're the only ones who know where
 the sticky tape is.
God made mothers with magic, plus super powers, and a lot of stirring.
Mothers are made out of clouds and angel hair, and everything nice in the world, and one dab of mean.
What kind of little girl was your Mum?    They say she used to be nice.
Mum's the boss at our house, because she has a lot more to do than Dad.
My Mum is perfect on the inside, but outside, she could do with some kind of plastic surgery.
One thing I would change about my Mum is, she has this weird thing about keeping my room clean.  I'd get rid of that.

Me with my Mum, many years ago.


Recycling

Recycled milk containers can be made into plant pots, buckets, pegs and carpet.
To make one tonne of paper, 17 trees have to be cut down.
Recycling a pile of newspapers one metre high saves one tree.
One AA battery can contaminate one cubic metre of land.

Another one of my poems

Many years ago, I decided to do a correspondence course in maths.  I over estimated my ability, so sadly I had to give up the course.  This is the message I sent to the tutor when I resigned.

Resignation
Thankyou for your patience, for trying to explain.
I've tried to solve your problems, and tried them all again.
(I've over estimated the powers of my brain)

I though that I could handle the algebra and such
But when I tried to conquer, I found they were too much.
There is no practical use for mathmatics in my life
So really they are just not worth the trouble and the strife.

I guess I'm not maths-minded, it really isn't me
I'll never be a genius flogging Cadbury's on TV.
I'll have to give in sadly, I must admit defeat
and try an easier subject, one my brain can beat.
                                                  Suzanne Brenzi


Interesting comments
  1. Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were!
  2. When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember the Fire Department uses water.
  3. Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  4. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  5. How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Did you know?
  • Panama hats originated in Ecuador.
  • Indian ink originated in China.
  • The Roman goddess of sorcery and witchcraft was called Trivia.
  • The words orange, silver and month have no rhymes in the English language.
  • Paul McCartney's younger brother Peter, known as Mike McGear, was a member of the band The Scaffold, of Lily the Pink fame. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scaffold  

Another one of my soaps




There is no way to peace, peace IS the way

No comments:

Post a Comment