- Best bib & tucker - best "going out" clothes.
- Bob - as in shilling, as in 10cents.
- Courting, stepping out, going steady.
- Let's have a dekko - let's see.
- Radiogram - forerunner to the stereo player.
I recently found a receipt from my parent's honeymoon in 1945. They spent a week at Jacoby House in Mundaring, and it cost them 6 guineas - $12.60!
Although this is a recent photo, (taken by my son) the bowser is probably from about the same
era as my parent's honeymoon.
Neck exercises for computer users
Spending too much time using a computer can cause neck strain, so these exercises should be done every 60 minutes to help avoid problems.
- Cannibal - someone who is fed up with people.
- Adult - a person who has stopped growing at both ends, and is now growing in the middle.
- Dust - mud with the juice squeezed out.
- Secret - something you tell to one person at a time.
- Tomorrow - one of the great labour saving devices of today.
- Wrinkles - something other people have, similar to my character lines.
- Chickens - the only animal you can eat before they're born, and after they're dead.
This woman actually turned into soap after she was dead & buried!
You know you're getting old when you feel like the day after the night before and you haven't even been anywhere. Milton Berle